From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Inquiry about gentoo kernel configuration
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 16:16:43
1 On 2021-07-13, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >>> You can use the one shipped in the sys-kernel/gentoo-kernel-bin package.
4 >>
5 >> Thanks. There is only a file - *.ebuild file in this package. From the
6 >> package, I did not find out what .config file it uses. It seems this
7 >> script uses the config file of current system.
8 >
9 > It ships its own .config. The easiest way here is to simply install
10 > gentoo-kernel-bin. After you get a system running that kernel, build
11 > your own, basing your new config on the existing one.
12
13 But remember: real Gentooers don't use modules or initrds.
14
15 ;)
18 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Oh my GOD -- the
19 at SUN just fell into YANKEE
20 gmail.com STADIUM!!