From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Inquiry about gentoo kernel configuration
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 15:20:31
1 On 11/07/2021 16:17, Dongliang Mu wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 1:54 AM Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 10/07/2021 12:15, Dongliang Mu wrote:
4 >>> I am a newbie to Gentoo. For Debian, I can get configuration files
5 >>> from Debian packages. I wonder if possible to get the kernel
6 >>> configuration files of Gentoo.
7 >>
8 >> You can use the one shipped in the sys-kernel/gentoo-kernel-bin package.
9 >
10 > Thanks. There is only a file - *.ebuild file in this package. From the
11 > package, I did not find out what .config file it uses. It seems this
12 > script uses the config file of current system.
13
14 It ships its own .config. The easiest way here is to simply install
15 gentoo-kernel-bin. After you get a system running that kernel, build
16 your own, basing your new config on the existing one.