From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard to find netiquette, enculturation bug. (Was: Re: [gentoo-user] GNOME: Cant logout and Lock Screen is showing different background from GNOME screensaver)
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 03:16:14
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard to find netiquette, enculturation bug. (Was: Re: [gentoo-user] GNOME: Cant logout and Lock Screen is showing different background from GNOME screensaver) by Mark David Dumlao
1 Mark David Dumlao wrote:
2 > But it is a problem that must be addressed. It doesn't help to boil
3 > the situation into an inaccurate but amusing caricature of the
4 > problem. That's how the many bad interfaces get developed.
5 >
6 > The problem is solved for my case. I'm not going to be using html
7 > mails. But ignoring the problem isn't going to make it disappear for
8 > everyone else - there isn't a way for a user to find out they're being
9 > ignored. That's all that needs to be said.
14 This is my two cents. Since when someone comes here and posts a html
15 message they get told not to use html anyway, why not let them know
16 beforehand that html is not the "norm" on this list? I don't think it
17 would hurt to put that on the website where the mailing lists subscribe
18 info is and also in the email that confirms the subscription. I
19 wouldn't mind seeing that part in bold or something in the email to make
20 sure it is seen. I suspect this would solve a lot of problems in the
21 long run.
22
23 Another two cents before I run out of change. It may be a good idea to
24 mention about top posting as well. Since people complain about it, may
25 as well put that there as well. Maybe not in bold but in the same
26 paragraph. Maybe put this in a netiquette section or something. Why
27 does spell check not like the word netiquette? o_O
28
29 Dale
30