From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Libreoffice and copying web pages
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 02:27:09
1 (Nuno Silva) wrote:
2 > Here are two ideas that won't solve the problem, but might be useful as
3 > workarounds:
4 >
5 > You could try OpenOffice (only available as openoffice-bin?) and see if
6 > it works better in that situation.
7 >
8 > Depending on the web browser you're using (Seamonkey?), you might have
9 > an "Inspector" (context menu, "Inspect Element"), which can be used to
10 > remove undesired elements. It works when the page is saved (elements
11 > which were removed using the inspector are not present in the saved
12 > version), hopefully it will also work with copy-paste (but I have never
13 > tried to do that).
14 >
15 > Unfortunately, depending on the web page, the inspector itself can
16 > sometimes be slow or even freeze.
17 >
18 > If you're using Seamonkey as a web browser, here's another idea I didn't
19 > try but which might help: ctrl+E will open the current web page for
20 > editing in Seamonkey's Composer.
24 I may have to use that at some point.  Going to save for later.  I do
25 use Seamonkey.  Right now, I've found a couple ways to work around this,
26 for the most part.  Sometimes, I just copy and paste smaller parts of
27 the page and other times I use methods from other post.  I've done quite
28 a lot of printing so far and am working on a couple other things at the
29 moment.  Still wish it would work like it did with older versions.
30
31 Thanks much for the ideas.
32
33 Dale