From: "微蔡" <microcai@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [ANNOUNCE] I like systemd now :)
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 00:26:12
1 On Saturday 10 November 2012 00:13:04 pk wrote:
2 > On 2012-11-09 23:53, walt wrote:
3 > > You Lennart haters out there (and I was one of you not so long ago
4 ;)
5 > > now I think he's not so bad after all. He just doesn't know yet how
7 > > explain things properly to old farts.
8 >
9 > Good for you. I really don't see the point in preaching systemd's
10 > greatness (or Lennart's). I'm not going to try it anyway. Also, I really
11 > don't see a point in booting fast (and I don't see anything wrong with
12 > openrc). So why do you feel the need to preach? Just curious...
15 systemd is not just about booting fast. If booting fast is the only thing
16 you can have in systemd, then systemd is nothing.
17
18 what systemd give you: easier maintainance !
19
20 what openrc give you: already maintained well by Gentoo self-less-
21 ness guy. but if an update goes, the Gentoo Devs will be busy again.
22
23 Again , you're not the one maintainning such shell script crap.It's the
24 ebuild maintainer that does.
28 < gentoo rocks >
30 \ ^__^
34 || ||