From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CPU you selected does not support x86-64 instruction set
Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 08:57:28
1 On Thu, 05 May 2016 09:53:23 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > Also, grub is a total failure on this box: it just isn't detected. So I
4 > use gummiboot instead. It's also far, far easier to manage if you have
5 > more than one kernel to choose from, and it saves you having to learn
6 > all that baroquery. Frankly, I'm glad to see the back of grub-2.
7
8 I'd go so far to say that the main reason to use UEFI is to be free of
9 GRUB. gummiboot/bootctl is so much nicer, even if it is now part of
10 systemd's plans for World domination ;-)
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Women live longer than men because they have so many clothes that they
17 wouldn't be caught dead in.