From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Networkmanager VPNC key timeout
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 23:00:36
1 On Monday 02 Mar 2015 22:13:05 Petric Frank wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Am Montag, 2. März 2015, 21:01:48 schrieb Mick:
5
6 > The homepage on vpnc in chapter TODO tells:
7 > "phase2-rekeying is now supported as of svn revision 126!"
8 >
9 > Changelog states for 0.5.2:
10 > "Fix Phase 2 rekeying, by various authors"
11 >
12 > I don't know whether this is along your statement above.
13 >
14 > So it seems not to be completely fixed. The homepage is not updated the
15 > last 7 years.
16
17 OK, then yes, it has been fixed and your problem is not related to that old
18 bug, but could it be a more recent regression?
21 > > BTW, have you tried more actively developed VPN software like strongswan
22 > > (it has a networkmanager plugin) or even ipsec-tools instead of vpnc, to
23 > > see if you're getting the same problem? I think that they should work
24 > > with Cisco VPN gateways, although it may be fiddly to set them up.
25 >
26 > i can find only ebuilds of (networkmanager-)openswan in the official tree.
27
28 No, this only good for the SSL VPN solution of Cisco.
31 > strongswan is in the stable tree but not the networkmanager plugin.
32
33 Are you sure? This is what I see here for strongswan-5.2.2
34
35 [+caps +constraints curl debug dhcp eap farp gcrypt +gmp ldap mysql
36 networkmanager
37 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
38 +non-root +openssl pam pkcs11 sqlite strongswan_plugins_blowfish
39 strongswan_plugins_ccm strongswan_plugins_ctr strongswan_plugins_gcm
40 strongswan_plugins_ha strongswan_plugins_ipseckey +strongswan_plugins_led
41 +strongswan_plugins_lookip strongswan_plugins_ntru strongswan_plugins_padlock
42 strongswan_plugins_rdrand +strongswan_plugins_systime-fix
43 strongswan_plugins_unbound +strongswan_plugins_unity +strongswan_plugins_vici
44 strongswan_plugins_whitelist]
45
46 The latest version 5.2.2 has a bug with some IKEv1 implementations. There is
47 a patch proposed which works and will be included in the next version 5.2.3
48 when released. If your VPN server is affected then you'll have to apply the
49 patch yourself in a local overlay:
50
51 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vpnc/+bug/479632
54 Regards,