From: Petric Frank <pfrank@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Networkmanager VPNC key timeout
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 19:52:23
1 Hello Mick,
2
3 Am Dienstag, 3. März 2015, 00:00:17 schrieb Mick:
4 > > The homepage on vpnc in chapter TODO tells:
5 > > "phase2-rekeying is now supported as of svn revision 126!"
6 > >
7 > > Changelog states for 0.5.2:
8 > > "Fix Phase 2 rekeying, by various authors"
9 > >
10 > > I don't know whether this is along your statement above.
11 > >
12 > > So it seems not to be completely fixed. The homepage is not updated the
13 > > last 7 years.
14 >
15 > OK, then yes, it has been fixed and your problem is not related to that old
16 > bug, but could it be a more recent regression?
17
18 maybe.
19
20 > > > BTW, have you tried more actively developed VPN software like
21 > > > strongswan (it has a networkmanager plugin) or even ipsec-tools
22 > > > instead of vpnc, to see if you're getting the same problem? I think
23 > > > that they should work with Cisco VPN gateways, although it may be
24 > > > fiddly to set them up.
25 > >
26 > > i can find only ebuilds of (networkmanager-)openswan in the official
27 > > tree.
28 >
29 > No, this only good for the SSL VPN solution of Cisco.
30
31 good to know.
32
33 > > strongswan is in the stable tree but not the networkmanager plugin.
34 >
35 > Are you sure? This is what I see here for strongswan-5.2.2
36 >
37 > [+caps +constraints curl debug dhcp eap farp gcrypt +gmp ldap mysql
38 > networkmanager
39 > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
40 > +non-root +openssl pam pkcs11 sqlite strongswan_plugins_blowfish
41 > strongswan_plugins_ccm strongswan_plugins_ctr strongswan_plugins_gcm
42 > strongswan_plugins_ha strongswan_plugins_ipseckey +strongswan_plugins_led
43 > +strongswan_plugins_lookip strongswan_plugins_ntru
44 > strongswan_plugins_padlock strongswan_plugins_rdrand
45 > +strongswan_plugins_systime-fix
46 > strongswan_plugins_unbound +strongswan_plugins_unity
47 > +strongswan_plugins_vici strongswan_plugins_whitelist]
48
49 True, strongswan is in tree, but not networkmanager-strongswan (NetworkManager
50 plugin).
51
52 > The latest version 5.2.2 has a bug with some IKEv1 implementations. There
53 > is a patch proposed which works and will be included in the next version
54 > 5.2.3 when released. If your VPN server is affected then you'll have to
55 > apply the patch yourself in a local overlay:
56 >
57 > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vpnc/+bug/479632
58
59 Stable strongswan is already compiled and installed on my system. Any of the
60 "strongswan_plugins_*" use flags i have to enable here ?
61
62 But it could take some days (because of my business job).
63
64 regards
65 Petric