From: Bruce Schultz <brulzki@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Profile listings
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 02:27:59
1 On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 4:44 AM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Martin Vaeth <martin <at> mvath.de> writes:
6 > > >> > # PORTAGE_PROFILE=/usr/portage/profiles/arch/arm/armv7a/eapi
7 >
8 > > >> This is not a directory. [...]
9 >
10 > > > How do I determine [...]
11 >
12 > > Choose the directory to which you would put the symlink
13 > > (I suppose ..../armv7a in this example).
18 > # PORTAGE_PROFILE=/usr/portage/profiles/arch/arm/armv7a eix -c --system
19 > No matches found.
22 > Surely I'm not the first person curious about the default or other
23 > profile listing of packages for @system on different architectures?
24 >
25 > I've tried all sort of command syntax and manually parsed up and down
26 > these directories.
27 >
28 > Pick any embedded arm profile and *please* show me the syntax to
29 > determine the @system packages to be installed associate with any
30 > embedded arm profile?
31 >
32 > please?
33 >
34 > James
37 $ eix -c --system
38 [I] app-arch/bzip2 (1.0.6-r6{tbz2}@06/28/14): A high-quality data
39 compressor used extensively by Gentoo Linux
40 [... lots more lines like this ...]
41 [I] virtual/shadow (0{tbz2}@06/28/14): Virtual for user account management
42 utilities
43 [I] virtual/ssh (0{tbz2}@06/28/14): Virtual for SSH client and server
44 Found 44 matches.
45
46 $ PORTAGE_PROFILE=/usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/arm/13.0/armv7a eix
47 -c --system
48 [I] app-arch/bzip2 (1.0.6-r6{tbz2}@06/28/14): A high-quality data
49 compressor used extensively by Gentoo Linux
50 [.......]
51 [I] virtual/shadow (0{tbz2}@06/28/14): Virtual for user account management
52 utilities
53 [I] virtual/ssh (0{tbz2}@06/28/14): Virtual for SSH client and server
54 Found 42 matches.
55
56 (this is an almost identical list, but not the 44 vs 42 matches found in
57 each case)
60 Note that default/linux/arm/13.0/armv7a profile is building on the
61 arch/arm/armv7a (what you searched against).
62
63 As I understand it, the profiles in arch/arm don't contain any packages
64 files, so there's no @system packages to list (as you found). I presume
65 that the arch/arm/... profiles are intended to define compiler flags etc
66 for cpu variants, and are used as a basis of a more complete profile (such
67 as default/linux/arm/13.0/armv7a). If you look through
68 /usr/portage/profiles/profiles.desc, you see the list of all profiles which
69 would be selectable through 'eselect profile', and I don't find and
70 arch/... profiles listed in there.
71
72 Hope that helps...
73