From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bluetooth service starts without asking!
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 01:10:43
1 On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 00:39 +0000, Bruno Santos wrote:
2 > Iain Buchanan wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > I have an internal bluetooth (usb-based) "thing" which I use with linux.
6 > > It also works with vmware, but only when the hci-usb module is unloaded
7 > > from linux first.
8 > >
9 > > The problem is, I have to disable wireless (with the hotkey) on my
10 > > laptop to unload the module, but when I re-enable wireless, the
11 > > bluetooth init.d service starts automatically, and reloads the module!
12 > >
13 > > Why is the service starting automatically? I don't have it in any
14 > > runlevels. I have RC_HOTPLUG="no" in /etc/conf.d/rc so I thought this
15 > > shouldn't happen?
18 > Hi.
19 > Every init.d script has a section on which on can put what services
20 > that script depends on.
21 > That section is called, depend().
22 > check your wireless init.d script and see if it has bluetooth has a
23 > dependency and try to remove it.
24
25 when I say I disable wireless, I mean that I press Fn-F2, not the
26 wireless init script. The wireless init script is off all the time.
27 This seems to be about hotplug (?) or something calling the bluetooth
28 init script...
29
30 thanks,
34 Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux