From: Bruno Santos <feiticeir0@××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: iaindb@××××××××××××.au
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bluetooth service starts without asking!
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 00:43:48
1 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I have an internal bluetooth (usb-based) "thing" which I use with linux.
5 > It also works with vmware, but only when the hci-usb module is unloaded
6 > from linux first.
7 >
8 > The problem is, I have to disable wireless (with the hotkey) on my
9 > laptop to unload the module, but when I re-enable wireless, the
10 > bluetooth init.d service starts automatically, and reloads the module!
11 >
12 > Why is the service starting automatically? I don't have it in any
13 > runlevels. I have RC_HOTPLUG="no" in /etc/conf.d/rc so I thought this
14 > shouldn't happen?
15 >
16 > The only way around it is to disable wireless, then
17 > rename /etc/init.d/bluetooth before enabling the wireless again...
18 >
19 > Any thoughts on fixing this?
20 >
21 > thanks,
22 >
23 Hi.
24 Every init.d script has a section on which on can put what services
25 that script depends on.
26 That section is called, depend().
27 check your wireless init.d script and see if it has bluetooth has a
28 dependency and try to remove it.
29 i dont know if it will work, but you can try :-)
30
31 this is an example for alsasound:
32
33 depend() {
34 need bootmisc localmount
35 after modules isapnp coldplug hotplug
36 }
37
38 Cheers,
39
40 Bruno
43 Use OpenSource
44 feiticeir0@××××××××××××××××.org <mailto:feiticeir0@××××××××××××××××.org>
45 www.feiticeir0.no-ip.org <http://www.feiticeir0.no-ip.org>
46 blog.feiticeir0.no-ip.org <http://blog.feiticeir0.no-ip.org>
47 GPG Public Key <http://others.feiticeir0.no-ip.org/feiticeir0-gpg.txt>
48 Linux Registered User #349448
49 *Human Knowledge Belongs To The World*
50 *Gentoo Linux *Gentoo Linux <http://www.gentoo.org/>

349448.png image/png
gentoo-logo.png image/png