From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] bluetooth service starts without asking!
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 00:04:04
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have an internal bluetooth (usb-based) "thing" which I use with linux.
4 It also works with vmware, but only when the hci-usb module is unloaded
5 from linux first.
6
7 The problem is, I have to disable wireless (with the hotkey) on my
8 laptop to unload the module, but when I re-enable wireless, the
9 bluetooth init.d service starts automatically, and reloads the module!
10
11 Why is the service starting automatically? I don't have it in any
12 runlevels. I have RC_HOTPLUG="no" in /etc/conf.d/rc so I thought this
13 shouldn't happen?
14
15 The only way around it is to disable wireless, then
16 rename /etc/init.d/bluetooth before enabling the wireless again...
17
18 Any thoughts on fixing this?
19
20 thanks,
24 He draweth out the thread of his verbosity finer than the staple of his
25 argument.
26 -- William Shakespeare, "Love's Labour's Lost"
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list