From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC-4.9?
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 12:03:33
1 On Mon, 10 Aug 2015 11:32:01 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > Has anyone any advice on whether it's a good idea to add a keyword to
4 > gcc-4.9.2 so that I can make progress here? This is a stable box and
5 > I'd like to know whether this one, rather central ~amd64 package would
6 > cause trouble.
7
8 I've been using ~amd64 GCC on my MythTV boxes, which run mainly stable,
9 for a long time. I would keep 4.8 installed too, just in case the odd
10 package still doesn't like 4.9. Ironically, on my MythTV boxes, the only
11 package that fails with 4.9 is MythTV :-O
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 "I heard Tasha Yar is the Enterprise's expert on Data entry."