From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD performance tweaking
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 20:53:09
1 On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 13:41:09 +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > Besides that, it's not so easy to do the alignment, at least when using
4 > LVM. I read that LVM adds 192K header information, so even if you align
5 > the partition start to an erasable block size of 512K, the actual
6 > content is not aligned. See [*] for information how to overcome this.
7 > That is, if you believe the alignment to erasable blocks is important,
8 > personally I do not know what to think now. It wouldn't hurt, so why
9 > not apply it, but it seems like snake oil to me now.
10 >
11 > Wonko
12 >
13 > http://tytso.livejournal.com/2009/02/20/
14
15 I think that may be out of date. I read that but then found somewhere
16 that LVM now uses MiB alignment.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 When there's a will, I want to be in it.