From: Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udevstart Segmentation fault - Urgent
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:20:20
1 Dave Oxley wrote:
2
3 > I have just downgraded udev to 068-r1 and my server now boots again.
4 > I'm about to do the same with my other Gentoo machine. The only thing
5 > the 2 machines have in common is that they both have SATA drives, so I
6 > wonder if this is causing the new udev a problem.
7 >
8 > Dave.
9 >
10 > Dave Oxley wrote:
11 >
12 >> I have just run 'emerge --update --deep --newuse world' on 2 of my
13 >> Gentoo machines as I do every few days. This upgraded my udev from
14 >> 068-r1 to 070. Neither machine will now boot. I've been investigating
15 >> why on my server as it is most important that I get this machine up
16 >> and running ASAP.
17 >> During boot I get the following error:
18 >> /sbin/rc: line 93: 1062 Segmentation fault /sbin/udevstart
19 >> Then when it gets to checking root filesystem it reports /dev/sda3 is
20 >> missing and drops me to a filesystem repair console.
21 >>
22 >> Please can someone help. I urgently need to get this machine back up
23 >> and running.
24 >>
25 >> Cheers,
26 >> Dave.
29 I'm running dual SATA Raptors with udev 70, kernel 2.6.12-r10. Just did
30 a reboot to confirm that
31 I could. So it is possible.
32
33 Any info in dmesg? How far in the boot process do you get?
34
35 -Roy
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list