From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Postfix Woes
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 01:42:36
1 On 4/25/06 8:28 PM, "Erik Westenbroek" <mistereastenstream@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >> From both localhost and my SDF account I get the expected 220
4 > casusbelli.homelinux.org ESMTP Postfix. I haven't emerged iptables
5 > yet, but I'm behind a router that has a firewall installed. I'll
6 > install iptables later for ssh tarpitting, but for right now I'm doing
7 > without it. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I
8 > don't know if how I set hostname and domainname has anything to do
9 > with it. in /etc/conf.d/hostname, the hostname is set to casusbelli,
10 > and in /etc/conf.d/domainname, the domainname is set to osen, and I
11 > have /etc/hosts set accordingly. But I don't know what to set
12 > myhostname and mydomain to in /etc/postfix/main.cf, I tried casusbelli
13 > and osen respectivly, and then casusbelli and homelinux.org
14 > respectivly, and neither works. It is also interesting to note that
15 > the domainname of my router is not osen, but gateway.2wire.net. How
16 > should I set these values or are they fine? My net is set up that the
17 > router is at 192.168.1.254, casusbelli at 192.168.1.65, and the
18 > windows computer on the netwok is 192.168.1.64, so in main.cf,
19 > mynetworks is set to 192.168.1.0/24 127.0.0.0/8, is this correct?
20 >