From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why grub can't load win kernel
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 15:41:11
1 On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 23:32:10 +0800
2 "Lavender" <448463782@××.com> wrote:
3
4 > The configuration of win kernel in grub.conf is like below:
5 >
6 > rootnoverify (hd0,0)
7 > makeactive
8 > chainloader +1
9 >
10 > It worked yesterday , but after I rebuilding grub software, it can't
11 > work. I don't know why, it still can boot gentoo kernel, I am
12 > confused,because grub only can do operations to MBR, it can not
13 > influence contents on windows partition. I also tried boot manually
14 > in grub command interface, but after showing "load stage2" it goes
15 > back to grub > .... I'm gonna pissed..... I have many important
16 > things in windows system, will someone figure it out?
17
18 What version of grub, and what options (USE flags) was grub built with?
19
20 Any errors from the build of grub?
21 (check /var/log/portage/elog)
22
23 Did you run grub-install like the ebuild tells you to do at the end?
26 Alan McKinnnon
27 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com