From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] identical drives, different free space!
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 12:23:02
1 On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 12:39 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 17 May 2010 12:31:17 +0100, David W Noon wrote:
3
4 ...
5
6 > So the distfiles are actually in /usr/portage/distfiles?
7
8 for me yes, it looks the same for David.
9
10 > I share my distfiles but I don't use FTP as that means storing copies of
11 > the same file on each computer. Instead, I use NFS. /mnt/portage is
12 > shared across all machines on the network and DISTDIR is set
13 > to /mnt/portage/distfiles in each make.conf.
14 >
15 > Sharing /mnt/portage like this means I can also share my overlay across
16 > the network at /mnt/portage/local.
17
18 Until I pick up my laptop and drive to work, where network speeds to my
19 server drop from 100Mbit to 50kbit and I need that local copy!
20
21 Which is why I'm glad there are multiple ways to do it :)
25 Old robot: I choose to believe what I was programmed to believe.