From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Laptop Overheat
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 06:37:32
1 Am 17.12.2014 um 07:33 schrieb J. Roeleveld:
2
3 > Try cleaning the vents.
4 >
5 > Also, most couches have a tendency to compress when something like a laptop is
6 > on it. Effectively blocking all airflow.
7 >
8 > If the temperature goes to 99C when on top of a table, return the laptop to
9 > the shop as it is clearly not working properly.
10
11 When I compile bigger packages on my small ThinkPad X220 I sometimes put
12 it into the fridge ;-)
13
14 This effectively cools it down rather quickly ... and I ssh in via wifi.
15
16 Not to be tried at home ;-)