From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Laptop Overheat
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:03:13
1 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Am 17.12.2014 um 07:33 schrieb J. Roeleveld:
3 >
4 >> Try cleaning the vents.
5 >>
6 >> Also, most couches have a tendency to compress when something like a laptop is
7 >> on it. Effectively blocking all airflow.
8 >>
9 >> If the temperature goes to 99C when on top of a table, return the laptop to
10 >> the shop as it is clearly not working properly.
11 > When I compile bigger packages on my small ThinkPad X220 I sometimes put
12 > it into the fridge ;-)
13 >
14 > This effectively cools it down rather quickly ... and I ssh in via wifi.
15 >
16 > Not to be tried at home ;-)
20 You don't have a fridge at home? ROFL Sorry, I couldn't pass that one
21 up. ;-)
22
23 At one time, I thought about putting a rig that ran sorta warm in my
24 freezer.
25
26 Dale
27