From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Very OT - Displaylink adapter and setting up X
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:26:38
1 I feel really stupid asking this, but I want to use an HDMI component to
2 output one of my PCs to the TV set. I've followed all of the wiki entry
3 at http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/DisplayLink, but there's something else I
4 need to know. I get the green screen on the TV that it mentions when
5 the kernel module is being loaded correctly. The problem is that I use
6 gdm in /etc/conf.d/xdm DISPLAYMANAGER variable to start X, and I don't
7 know where the actual gdm configuration lives so I can tell it to use
8 ~/.xinitrc2 from the wiki. My google searching hasn't been going well.
9 Can anybody give me any hints as to how to make progress on this problem?