From: Robert David <robert.david.public@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: msulli1355@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Very OT - Displaylink adapter and setting up X
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 12:12:27
1 V Mon, 12 Mar 2012 17:24:47 -0500
2 Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com> napsáno:
3
4 > I feel really stupid asking this, but I want to use an HDMI component
5 > to output one of my PCs to the TV set. I've followed all of the wiki
6 > entry at http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/DisplayLink, but there's
7 > something else I need to know. I get the green screen on the TV that
8 > it mentions when the kernel module is being loaded correctly. The
9 > problem is that I use gdm in /etc/conf.d/xdm DISPLAYMANAGER variable
10 > to start X, and I don't know where the actual gdm configuration lives
11 > so I can tell it to use ~/.xinitrc2 from the wiki. My google
12 > searching hasn't been going well. Can anybody give me any hints as to
13 > how to make progress on this problem?
16 Hi Michael,
17
18 it depends on how you would like to use the external card. Please
19 specify your scenario.
20 Anyway, try to look in /etc/gdm, /etc/init.d/xdm, /etc/X11 (there can
21 be specified which server start in file xdm/Xservers)
22
23 I have DL adapter connected to my docking station and a simple script
24 to activate the second xserver on docking and deactivate that when
25 undocking. I simply run here second desktop using x2x. I just use that
26 primary for web browser, so I dont need xinerama.
27
28 You can also use DL with your primary card and xinerama. But it needs
29 specific xorg.conf and needs to be connected when xserver starting. So
30 nothing suitable for notebook and hotplug.
31
32 Robert.