From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] intel HD graphics 4000 and viewing DVDs
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 21:36:56
1 On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 > I forgot a big point. I have a very high res 30" monitor (2560x1600)
3 > and need to insure that the graphics card can drive the monitor at full
4 > res (I don't care about dvd's just software development and writing my
5 > lectures). I haven't received a definitive answer from dell about that.
6
7 I think monitors with resolution that high usually require a DVI-D
8 dual link connection. Ensure your new computer supports that. If it's
9 a newer laptop, it might not have DVI at all, but DisplayPort or HDMI
10 instead. There are DisplayPort and HDMI to DVI adapters available,
11 though I'm not familiar enough with the specifics to say which would
12 be compatible with your monitor.