From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sound on intel imac [solved]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:16:47
1 Hello Daid,
2
3 Thanks for your reply.
4
5 daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com> writes:
6
7 >>> # emerge alsa-util alsa oss
8 >
9 > ...and "alsa-utils"
10 >
11 > I should go to sleep...
12
13 After my post I knuckled down and worked systematically through the
14 model= options for ALC883/888 and ALC882/885, having gleaned from the
15 internet that these are most similar to the 889A. The possible choices
16 are listed in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt.
17 Several choices produced sound, but only this (for ALC882/885):
18
19 options snd-hda-intel model=mbp3
20
21 in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf, followed by running update-modules,
22
23 produces sound and turns off the speakers when the headphones are
24 plugged in.
25
26 This was one of the options I tried before posting, having found it
27 using google, but it did not work. I _think_ I made the mistake of
28 rerunning alsaconf after editing /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf, which of
29 course erased my edit! Dumb.
30
31 Best wishes,
32 Roger