From: Peter Alfredsen <peteralf@×××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] off topic : Dolphin massacre in Japan
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:04:23
1 On Wednesday 21 February 2007, Aggelos wrote:
2
3 > I would not define such a mail as spam.
4 > Aggelos
5
6 The relevant part of http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
7 [...]
8 This is a very risky thing to do, however, because the hackers' metric for
9 what is exciting probably differs from yours. Posting from the International
10 Space Station would qualify, for example, but posting on behalf of a
11 feel-good charitable or political cause would almost certainly not. In fact,
12 posting “Urgent: Help me save the fuzzy baby seals!” will reliably get you
13 shunned or flamed even by hackers who think fuzzy baby seals are important.
14 [...]
17 /PA
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list