From: Bryan Whitehead <driver@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] specifying DNS servers
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:10:30
1 No.
2
3 Look into a split DNS setup:
4 http://www.networkworld.com/columnists/2001/00288013.html
5
6 On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Mark wrote:
7
8 > Can I specify different DNS servers for each of my two physical interfaces
9 > to use? One nic is configured for DHCP, and the other is static. The DHCP
10 > enabled NIC gets its DNS server list automatically and updates (overwrites)
11 > /etc/resolv.conf. How can I point my static IP NIC to a different DNS server
12 > since it's on a different network? Or is there a different/better solution?
13 >
14 > --
15 > Mark
16 > [unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own]
20 Bryan Whitehead
21 Email:driver@×××××××××.net
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list