From: Mark <whitetr6@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] specifying DNS servers
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:49:59
1 Well, here's the situation. My machine is on a small corporate network that
2 uses a Microsoft proxy. I am not able to get portage to work, even with
3 webrsync and even after installing ntlmaps. I also have access to a DSL
4 connection in the same office. So what I want to do is connect one NIC to
5 the DSL router, and the other NIC to the internal LAN. Since I can't control
6 the fact that the DSL is dynamic, but I can assign a static address on the
7 internal, I let the DSL provide my default gateway, and I assigned only the
8 IP and mask to the internal. Then I added a route for the other internal
9 subnets. I receive internet DNS information from the DSL connection, so no
10 problem there. But I want my internal connection to know about the internal
11 DNS servers as well.
12
13 Given all of that, which of the above suggestions is my best bet?
14 Thanks guys
15