From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] EAPI packages
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 14:39:28
1 On 08/13/2016 10:09 AM, hw wrote:
2 >>
3 >> Not the whole system, only portage. It should still be your last resort,
4 >> but on the bad-idea scale it's only a 1 or a 2.
5 >
6 > And how would I know which of all the files affect only portage and nothing
7 > else, and what about the dependencies of portage?
10 equery f portage
11
12 Chances are, portage will be happy with whatever dependencies you
13 already have installed. If not, you can repeat the process on those
14 dependencies. Booting into a liveCD on another machine and making a
15 quickpkg would save you from having to overwrite the files manually.
16
17 But, I think Andreas's was the best suggestion so far.