From: hw <hw@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] EAPI packages
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 14:10:09
1 Michael Orlitzky schrieb:
2 > On 08/12/2016 08:26 AM, hw wrote:
3 >>>
4 >>> Try the other suggestions first -- but as a last resort -- you can
5 >>> always grab a new stage3 that should contain an updated version of
6 >>> portage and simply overwrite the portage files on your machine. A
7 >>> quickpkg from another Gentoo machine (or the liveCD?) would also work.
8 >>>
9 >>
10 >> I´m trying to update a production server here. If I overwrite the whole
11 >> system, who knows what might break. I can take it down for a few
12 >> hours in the evening unless I want to work over night, which is not
13 >> really an option.
16 > Not the whole system, only portage. It should still be your last resort,
17 > but on the bad-idea scale it's only a 1 or a 2.
18
19 And how would I know which of all the files affect only portage and nothing
20 else, and what about the dependencies of portage?