From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: DVI-D / HDMI / VGA adaptors
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 23:47:03
1 On 14/12/2020 18:55, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > But I want to attach the XPS 8940 to the older monitor, which only has
3 > VGA and DVI-D. I use the older monitor for setup/install and to keep
4 > the "hot backup" machine up-to-date. What are my options? For the main
5 > machine I'll buy an HDMI cable. Are there adapters that'll push HDMI
6 > computer output into a monitor VGA or DVI-D input? That way I can buy
7 > an HDMI cable plus an adaptor, rather than a new monitor. <G>
8
9 I've got an HDMI-to-VGA so I can drive an old projector from a new
10 laptop. Works great.
11
12 BEWARE - IT'S ONE-WAY.
13
14 You need a different adaptor for VGA-to-HDMI, if you want to drive a new
15 monitor from an old PC.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Wol