From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Leap Second" 'bug'
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 15:34:37
1 On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:35:50 +0700
3 > Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Just wondering... did Saturday's "Leap Second" bit your
6 >> infrastructure?
7 >
8 > Nope, that a murmur, not a peep, barely even a log entry anywhere. And
9 > no whinging customers (surprisingly!) Our ntp servers just synced with
10 > the upstream stratum and carried on business as usual
11 >
12 > I'd like to boast that my time servers are awesome and the team running
13 > them even more awesome, but the truth is this one took us by surprise.
14 > You fellows in the US and Europe might be amazed by this, but down here
15 > in Africa the leap-second wasn't announced AT ALL. A few folk here and
16 > there knew of it, that's all. Me? I had to find out from a Google news
17 > feed on Sunday evening.....
18
19 You should have been following me on Twitter. I went with a text-only
20 take on the "Brace yourselves" meme.
23 :wq