From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "Leap Second" 'bug'
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 13:15:58
1 On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:35:50 +0700
2 Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
3
4 > Just wondering... did Saturday's "Leap Second" bit your
5 > infrastructure?
6
7 Nope, that a murmur, not a peep, barely even a log entry anywhere. And
8 no whinging customers (surprisingly!) Our ntp servers just synced with
9 the upstream stratum and carried on business as usual
10
11 I'd like to boast that my time servers are awesome and the team running
12 them even more awesome, but the truth is this one took us by surprise.
13 You fellows in the US and Europe might be amazed by this, but down here
14 in Africa the leap-second wasn't announced AT ALL. A few folk here and
15 there knew of it, that's all. Me? I had to find out from a Google news
16 feed on Sunday evening.....
21 > Did you do something special (like Google did) to prevent chaos?
22 >
23 > 'Leap Second' Bug Wreaks Havoc Across Web | Wired Enterprise |
24 > Wired.com
25 > http://m.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/07/leap-second-bug-wreaks-havoc-with-java-linux/Sent
26 > from Maxthon Mobile
27 >