From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konqueror and https sites
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:34:34
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 31 March 2009 00:06:23 Dale wrote:
5 >> Well, I'm still on the old KDE 3.5 stuff but I tried it anyway. I get
6 >> this little boo boo message with Konqueror:
7 >>
8 >> An error occurred while loading https://ib.absa.co.za/ib/ib.jsp:
9 >> Could not connect to host ib.absa.co.za.
12 > Now that's interesting. That's the page you get redirected to after SSL
13 > negotiation succeeds. And I know for a fact it worked for many years in 3.5.x
14 >
15 > Looks like my bank is doing what I do so often:
16 >
17 > "Change stuff and hope that it's transparent. If not, the users will moan and
18 > I'll fix it. Maybe."
19 >
20 > :-)
24 Don't worry, me and my bank has went a few rounds too. They just don't
25 understand that Linux doesn't get viruses like their windoze boxes
26 does. They may get a wake up call in the next day or so tho. I been
27 hearing about this nasty fishing lure going around. Heck, even the CBS
28 news network was infected here. It took those guys almost two weeks to
29 find out they even had it then several days to figure out it was on
30 about all of theirs.
31
32 Me, I'd switch to Linux something and boot windoze. Some people are not
33 as smart as us tho. ;-)
34
35 Windoze is like dating. Time tells what is more secure. I don't hear
36 about Linux boxes getting infected like this.
37
38 Dale
39