From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what is the best strategy for using sysklogd with iptables?
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 03:29:27
1 On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 18:32 -0800, Rob wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am using sysklogd with iptables. I am wondering what the best
5 > strategy is for sending iptables log output to a single file, rather
6 > than having logged packets show up all over in /var/log/? I haven't
7 > been able yet to figure this out by myself. I must be missing some doc
8 > info somewhere.
9
10 How about going to the source of the logging? You can change log files
11 and output with iptables + ulog. ulog is quite nice.
12 --
13 Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list