From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 00:03:43
1 On 02/08/13 07:42, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > On 02/08/13 02:27, William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >> On 02/08/13 00:28, Tanstaafl wrote:
4 ...
5 >
6 > so why follow with unreliable fork, when there is the official package
7 > available with equal features?
11 easy - it works and while I had machines running some of each it was
12 only the udev machines that needed continual maintenance in that area.
13 The latest and greatest isnt always the best.
14
15 I believe one of the goals of eudev was stability and the old way of
16 doing things which I want and get ... after removing gnome3 and
17 installing LXDE where I need a desktop (and LXDE is moving from gnome2
18 to QT, even better) I am getting less and less interested in creating
19 ongoing pain for myself with udev/systemd/gnome etc.
20
21 There may be bugs, but on my installations its been udev thats created
22 the hassles.
23
24 BillK