From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sata Controllers and drives
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 03:52:56
1 I'd love to keep this card (it has 256MB of ram, too) but the problem is that
2 it's running six IBM/Hitachi Ultrastore drives - all of which are useless.
3 They keep going bad and even though they are under warranty and get replaced
4 I can't build a system that keeps working for any period of time.
5 Unfortunately, SCSI drives are expensive and I can't afford them at this
6 time. So I'm looking at going to something more affordable that will let me
7 run. This is a home workstation although I would like to do some audio work
8 with it.