From: "Yuri K. Shatroff" <yks-uno@××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 12:18:06
1 Hi guys,
2
3 12.04.2016 08:38, Dale wrote:
4 > Howdy,
5 >
6 > Well, I went and did it.
7
8 So I went and did it, too.
9 Thank gods I made a backup. After emerging plasma-meta which wasn't too
10 easy because of dependency hell with eg networkmanager (Use-flag on
11 plasma-meta was off but it turned out that another dependency
12 (`plasma-workspace`) has a quite irrelevant use-flag (`geolocation`)
13 which pulls in networkmanager) and ruby and all, I just got a black
14 screen with a sole mouse pointer. When I click mouse buttons, it
15 flickers and shows a glimpse of what the desktop should be, but then
16 again switches to black screen. I tried to remove ~/.kde4 but nothing
17 effectively changed.
18 Thanks but No thanks, I prefer to restore my backup. Not gonna repeat
19 this at home.
23 Regards,
24 Yuri K. Shatroff