From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 05:38:21
1 Howdy,
2
3 Well, I went and did it. On one hand, it's sort of nice. Seems to be
4 faster in a way. On the other hand, I want to wring its neck. I used to
5 have 10 virtual desktop thingys. I was organized like a OCD King here.
6 Well, that seems to have left the building. Google informed me that
7 "activities" is the new thing. No more virtual desktops. All righty
8 then. Then I keep getting a pop up that plasma is dying and needs to
9 restart. It happens quite a bit. I think I need a fly swatter. ROFL
10 It seems to do that when I try to use that panel thingy at the bottom.
11 Also, I had a saved session that when I logged in, everything went where
12 it was supposed to be. After I logged in, I was ready to get to it.
13 Well, it must have found a open window because it is gone too. Did Bill
14 Gates open that window??? o_O It seems to use a LOT of memory too. It
15 shows I'm using 11GBs out of the 16GBs I have. O_O
16
17 So!! Is there a really well written howto for this thing or something
18 that one can read and sort of figure out where North is again? Right
19 now, it's sort of making me dizzy. I need something quick but at the
20 same time, gets me off to a start. Linkys would be wonderful. I found
21 this so far.
22
23 https://www.linux.com/learn/how-use-kde-plasma-desktop-pro
24
25 The biggest things. Can I have a saved session again? Or have it save
26 my activities or something that when I login, it starts most everything
27 itself without me digging around and doing it manually? That would help.
28
29 I hope I still have some hair left after this. :/
30
31 Dale
32