From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gigabyte mobo latency
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 23:34:17
1 On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 5:45 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Am 19.10.2014 um 20:56 schrieb Rich Freeman:
4 >> On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 12:41 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 >> As far as docs go - what specifically is unclear? Systemd is rapidly
6 >> evolving so things do get out of date, but for the most part stuff
7 >> like this can be found in man systemd.exec and such. Lennart's series
8 >> of blog posts on system administration using systemd is a very good
9 >> place to start. -- Rich
10 >
11 > and you are fine with that? That the package that becomes Pid1 is such
12 > an unstable, ever involving mess that not even the docs are keeping up
13 > with it?
14
15 If I wasn't fine with it I'd hardly be running Gentoo. :) You just
16 described half of the distro, though it isn't changing as rapidly as
17 it used to.
18
19 Most of the issues are in the init scripts, which technically aren't
20 really part of systemd. It is fairly immature everywhere. If you
21 want a really stable experience then you should probably stick with
22 RHEL or Debian Stable. :)
25 > You just gave me another reason not to use systemd.
28 Sounds like you didn't really need one. It is a free country - you're
29 no more required to run systemd than any Gentoo developer is required
30 to fix openrc init scripts or systemd units...
33 Rich