From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apcupsd to recycle power
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 16:37:37
1 on 11/15/2014 04:40 PM Rich Freeman wrote the following:
2 > On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Bruce Schultz <brulzki@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> If the UPS battery has not run flat before the mains power is restored, I
5 >> see no reason why a UPS should kill the output power. So the BIOS has no
6 >> real way of knowing that it should reboot again in that case.
9 > Obviously not directly applicable, but I use nut and a cyberpower UPS
10 > and the shutdown scheme it employs is that the master (controls the
11 > UPS) commands everything else to shut down, then it begins shutdown,
12 > and just before powering off it sends a command to the UPS which
13 > causes a several second delay followed by a power off, and then it
14 > powers off the host (which is otherwise shutdown already).
15 >
16 > I need to re-read how exactly this is implemented.
19 As I wrote in the initial post I am running apcupsd because my UPS is an
20 APC (... should I switch to sys-power/nut ?)