From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apcupsd to recycle power
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 14:40:48
1 On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Bruce Schultz <brulzki@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > If the UPS battery has not run flat before the mains power is restored, I
4 > see no reason why a UPS should kill the output power. So the BIOS has no
5 > real way of knowing that it should reboot again in that case.
8 Obviously not directly applicable, but I use nut and a cyberpower UPS
9 and the shutdown scheme it employs is that the master (controls the
10 UPS) commands everything else to shut down, then it begins shutdown,
11 and just before powering off it sends a command to the UPS which
12 causes a several second delay followed by a power off, and then it
13 powers off the host (which is otherwise shutdown already).
14
15 I need to re-read how exactly this is implemented.
18 Rich