From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] simple firewall
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 11:15:40
1 On Sunday 05 April 2009 11:41:55 gigli wrote:
2
3 > i will give shorewall a new try and hope i'll make better progress thsi
4 > time
5
6 My gateway machine has three interfaces and uses shorewall to protect them.
7 If you like I could tar up /etc/shorewall and send it to you. I've had to
8 create macros for several services and put them in /usr/share/shorewall,
9 but if you run "shorewall try /etc/shorewall" it'll tell you which you
10 need. I made them by copying others and changing bits.
11
12 The three interfaces are the external network (a DSL modem), the internal
13 wired network (an Ethernet switch) and a wireless network (an access
14 point).
15
16 I don't suppose my setup is the acme of elegance or wit, but it seems to
17 work. The rules file is 195 lines long.
20 Rgds
21 Peter