From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Short history in terminal (without X)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:42:05
1 On Thursday 15 February 2007, Roman Naumann wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > does someone know, how to increase the "history-buffer's size" of the
5 > terminal? (and I mean the pure terminal, without an X-Server)
6 > I mean, if I use some commands producing plenty of output, I cannot
7 > scroll to the beginning of the text quite often, because the history
8 > buffer is to small.
9
10 Sounds like you want to increase the kernel's scrollback buffer size for
11 the terminal.
12
13 In make menuconfig, it's Device Drivers -> Graphics Support ->
14 Scrollback buffer size
15
16 > Another inconvenient thing is that the buffer seems to "forget"
17 > everything except the last screen of text, if I switch to another
18 > terminal. (alt + F2 for instance).
19
20 Sorry, can't help with that one. If it's any consolation, I've also been
21 looking for a solution to that for ages
22
23 alan
27 Optimists say the glass is half full,
28 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
29 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
30
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
33 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list