From: Roman Naumann <sapiens.dyslexia@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Short history in terminal (without X)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:39:31
1 Hi,
2
3 does someone know, how to increase the "history-buffer's size" of the
4 terminal? (and I mean the pure terminal, without an X-Server)
5 I mean, if I use some commands producing plenty of output, I cannot scroll to
6 the beginning of the text quite often, because the history buffer is to
7 small.
8
9 Another inconvenient thing is that the buffer seems to "forget" everything
10 except the last screen of text, if I switch to another terminal. (alt + F2
11 for instance).
12
13 How can I make the history buffer larger, or - if possible - set it
14 infinitely large. (Just as the "Konsole" of KDE.)
15
16 Thanks,
17
18 Roman Naumann.