From: Kevin Brandstatter <kjbrandstatter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] java vs icedtea6
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 05:02:29
1 I'm curious as well about the potential exploitability of icedtea. I
2 would think that since the icedtea vm is not the same as the sun/oracle
3 one and so I don't think the code base is the same, which would mean an
4 exploit in the sun/oracle jvm would not necessarily affect icedtea.
5 However, I know very little on this matter and seeing as i think both
6 are open sourced i have no idea how much or if there is any code overlap.
7
8 -Kevin
9