From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] java vs icedtea6
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 05:33:17
1 On Wednesday 16 January 2013 10:32:11 AM IST, Kevin Brandstatter wrote:
2 > I'm curious as well about the potential exploitability of icedtea. I
3 > would think that since the icedtea vm is not the same as the sun/oracle
4 > one and so I don't think the code base is the same, which would mean an
5 > exploit in the sun/oracle jvm would not necessarily affect icedtea.
6 > However, I know very little on this matter and seeing as i think both
7 > are open sourced i have no idea how much or if there is any code overlap.
10 Oracle Java is open source?
13 Nilesh Govindarajan
14 http://nileshgr.com