From: Daniel Campbell <dlcampbell@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] java vs icedtea6
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 07:43:30
1 On 01/15/2013 11:32 PM, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 16 January 2013 10:32:11 AM IST, Kevin Brandstatter wrote:
3 >> I'm curious as well about the potential exploitability of icedtea. I
4 >> would think that since the icedtea vm is not the same as the sun/oracle
5 >> one and so I don't think the code base is the same, which would mean an
6 >> exploit in the sun/oracle jvm would not necessarily affect icedtea.
7 >> However, I know very little on this matter and seeing as i think both
8 >> are open sourced i have no idea how much or if there is any code overlap.
11 > Oracle Java is open source?
12 >
13 > --
14 > Nilesh Govindarajan
15 > http://nileshgr.com
18 I was thinking the same thing. Last I knew, the VM is closed while the
19 language is pretty much open.