From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] did python-r1 improve user experience?
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 02:18:24
1 On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 09:30:57PM -0400, Mike Gilbert wrote
2
3 > The (non-)relationship between eselect python and PYTHON_TARGETS is
4 > something that would be nice to resolve, but I don't know how to do
5 > it. PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET will probably cause problems if/when packages
6 > start supporting python3 only.
7
8 What I find interesting/annoying is that my make.conf has to have 3
9 lines...
10
11 PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"
12 PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7"
13 USE_PYTHON="2.7"
14
15 ...as if it didn't hear me the first time. How difficult would it be to
16 set up an eclass to tell portage that...
17
18 if PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="pythonX_Y"
19
20 PYTHON_TARGETS defaults to "${PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET}"
21
22 USE_PYTHON defaults to "${PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET/_/.}"
23
24 Over-ride the default if explicitly listed. Out of sheer curiousity,
25 what circumstances are there where ordinary users would need differing
26 values for these 3 items?
29 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
30 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications