From: "Håkon Alstadheim" <hakon@×××××××××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Globally disabling colour
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 14:08:09
1 Den 01.10.2019 13:28, skrev Dr Rainer Woitok:
2 > Greetings,
3 >
4 > having freshly erm ... converted from Ubuntu to Gentoo and thus being an
5 > absolute Gentoo newbie I'm desparately looking for a way to get rid of
6 > all the colour in the output produced by "emerge" but also by "qlist",
7 > "eix", "e-file" and so on.
8 >
9 > Is there a way to globally configure this for all these commands? I've
10 > already added 'NOCLOR="false"' to my "make.conf" file but this doesn't
11 > seem to do the trick. Do I really have to remember for each call to one
12 > of these commands to disable colour individually and in addition have to
13 > remember what's the correct "nocolor" option for the command at hand?
14 >
15 > Any pointers welcome ... :-)
16
17 I've got this in make.conf, which gets me part-way there:
18
19 CMAKE_COLOR_MAKEFILE=OFF
20 NOCOLOR="true"
21 GCC_COLORS=""
22
23 I've also got this in /usr/local/bin/rustc and symlinked to
24 /usr/local/bin/cargo:
25
26 ----/usr/local/bin/rustc:----#!/usr/bin/perlmy @newargs=();my $skipnext=0;my $me=$0;$me =~
27 s(.*\/)();push @newargs, "--color";push @newargs, "never";foreach $arg
28 (@ARGV) {    if($arg eq "--color"){    $skipnext =1;    }
29 elsif($skipnext == 1){    $skipnext = 0;    } else { # any arg EXCEPT
30 color gets passed along verbatim     push @newargs, $arg
31 }}exec("/usr/bin/${me}",@newargs);
32 ---
33
34 This last trick could probably be used for other commands as well
35 (modulo specific argument)