From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox PDF integration
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 07:02:41
1 On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 22:30 -0500, Matthew Cline wrote:
2 >
3 > I can't seem to find this option in firefox 1.5.0.1
4 >
5 > Under "Edit -> Preferences -> Downloads" I see "Download actions".
6 > Clicking on "View and Edit Actions" shows an entry for some
7 > Flash-related files, but nothing for pdf and no option to add a new
8 > entry to this list. Am I missing something obvious?
11 > Matt
12
13 I know it is a poor (not logical design), but here is how it works.
14
15 Navigate to any PDF file with firefox and click on the file.
16 You will see window pop-up as firefox doesn't know what to do with it.
17 Beside "Open with" is empty selection, click on that empty icon, you
18 will see: "other" --> click on it.
19 Another window will pop-up, under File Name: type: /usr/kde/3.4/bin/kpdf
20 or complete path to whatever application you want to use --> click OPEN
21 I will return you to previous window; select "Do this automatically..."
22
23 It will enter this setting in Download section in Setting Preferences.
26 #Joseph
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list